Friday, April 30, 2010

iNSD Eve!

It's the day before [inter]National Scrapbooking Day, and the sales have already started! Ooh, I love the big scrapbooking holidays -- it's so fun to go digi-shopping!

But who says you need to spend money? Check out the Andilynn Designs blog to find out how you can be entered to win these FREE templates:

Photobucket

I used one from the template pack to make this layout:



Creatively Inspired Template vol. 1 (slightly altered) by Andilynn Designs Creative Team
Fair Are the Meadows by Andilynn Designs
texture is concrete_vertical_grooves_37293 from Mayang's Free Texture Library
fonts: Clingy, American Typewriter


---

Want to see the other layouts I've done the past week couple weeks? I've really been pushing myself to get this album done, and so in spite of being out of town for a few days, I've made some significant progress. I think I have about 10-ish layouts to go (less?) and then I'll be done. WOO-HOO!

This one was fun. The spoon is my favorite! I can't believe I actually had a spoon in my stash; awesome!



Serendipity add-on by Suzy Q Scraps
spoon from Breezy by Britt-ish Designs
stitching and red alpha from My Favorite Valentine by Andilynn Designs
In the City alpha by Sahlin Studio
fonts: American Typewriter, Pea Randa


---

I love the unique design here, though I can't take a lot of the credit because I lifted it! I made my own frame by taking an existing circle frame from this kit, duplicating it, and merging it. The mat behind it took a little bit of thinking but wasn't hard: I magic-wanded my new circle-frame I made, expanded the selection by a few pixels, created a new layer, and then filled the layer with a solid color -- then I was able to use that as a clipping mask for whatever paper I wanted. The shadowing of the transparent elements was time consuming (but worth it!) and Britt's new doodly flowers were the perfect finishing touch!



lift of Messy Marvin 2 by Sarah Bennett
Funky Sampler by Sarah Bennett
{MY HAND}iwork: flowers by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Black boys on mopeds, American Typewriter


---

I really like this layout as a ten-year-old boy layout; not sure about it as a baptism-layout! But I'm not about to scrap this in soft pastel colors, you know?

Very fun design. I wonder why I didn't use this template when it came out a year ago. Maybe my taste has changed? Very possible.



inspired by bahamagirls' 2 Playful
Tuesday Template 5-12-09 by WM[squared] Designs
Daditude by Miss Mint
ricrac from So Long to Summer by Andilynn Designs
straight stitching from Be Merry by Andilynn Designs
circle stitching from My Favorite Valentine by Andilynn Designs
Plain 'n Distressed alpha by Designs by Sarah (Sarah Bryan)
fonts: sf Twelve Again, American Typewriter


---

I did my own design on this one, and I really like it! I've seen this trend a lot (using two papers in the background) but usually it's the other way, so that a vertical line between the papers is created. Looks like this way works in some cases, too!



Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow by Plum Dumpling Designs
fonts: The Doorman, Thornburi, American Typewriter


---

Had a lot of fun with this new kit! Aren't the colors fantastic? And the pictures are fun, too. Originally this one a single-page layout but I added a second page when I found more fountain pictures!



lift of Keyr's Winter Play
Shades of Gray by Cori Gammon
scalloped matte created using Paper Shapers by Britt-ish Designs
Stamp My ABC's by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Thinking of You, American Typewriter


---

A quick page to put together, and I love how it turned out! This is a great kit that was a daily download last year.



lift of Jojo and TC's Wedding by kmkarayannis
Stars and Stripes Forever by ScrapMatters Design Team
frame (recolored) from Tomfoolery by Amanda Heimann and Bella Gypsy
fonts: Missed Your Exit, sf Dana, American Typewriter


---

These pictures were taken in the evening, so I went ahead and made them even darker with an action. ;-) Despite the almost-black photos, the yellows make this page fun. Oh, and I pretty much LOVE my titlework!



a lift of jolly by kathleena
Midnight Crow by Chelle's Creations
yellow leaf branch from BeautiFALL add-on by ScrapMuss Designs
Date Bits 19 by Misty Cato
sepia action from Pioneer Actions 2
fonts: Haettenschweiler, CK_Ali's_Hand_Official, American Typewriter


---

Finally I got to use a kit I got all the way back in November! And I was going to go with a standard "Happy Halloween" title but I thought this was more fun -- besides, it satisfied the Word Up! challenge at ScrapMatters.



template 200 (altered) by Yin Designs
Something Wicked by Sweet Shoppe Designers
fonts: Not His Angel, American Typewriter


---

This layout ended up being quite a bit like ones I've done before, but maybe I'm the only one who notices. :-) The doodles plus the ribbon and stitching down the side remind me a lot of a teenager's composition notebook for school.



Another Day by Nikki Epperson
paper doodles from Oh No You Didn't by Krystal Hartley
Going Green Alpha by Misty Cato
fonts: Dibble Dabbles 1, Dibble Dabbles 2, sf No Frills, American Typewriter


---

Really liked this kit (thanks, Amy, for pointing me to where I could get it for free!) and was glad to have some pictures to use it for! This template was perfect for it, too, except that it only had spots for "just" seven photos ... I fixed that. ;-)



Cindy's Layered Templates: Freebie #2 by Cindy Schneider
Snap! by Listgirl Designs (Christine Newman)
Bohemian Love by Loloden Designs
Collectible Cardboard by Britt-ish Designs
starbursts from Let's Go Bowling by Andilynn Designs
ribbon from Give It to Me Straight by Amanda Heimann
alpha from Hit the Road by Wild Dandelions
fonts: Stereofidelic, American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking! :-)

No comments: