Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Last Julianne Layouts...

... before she gets home, that is! Of course I am not anywhere close to being done with her album. But I have made progress this week, which is more than I can say for, oh, the entire month of October! Julianne gets home from her mission tomorrow afternoon!! Wow!

---

Okay, first up. This layout is supposed to be in that cool, clean graphic style. It was kind of fun to play around with but I'm not entirely pleased with the end result. Some of the problem is that the pictures themselves are blurry (looks like it was dusk when they were taken). The rest of the problem is that I'm not exactly pro at this graphic-style-thing.

I do like my "20 min" with the "20" in blue. I do like that. :-)



credits:

fonts: Lucinda Calligraphy, American Typewriter


---

This layout was a lot of fun to put together. I love the kit I used (Everyday by Sahlin Studios -- a freebie in the latest issue of DigiScrapAddicts' newsletter) and the template was a lot of fun, too (so much so that I used it again -- stay tuned).



credits:
Pixie Plate #190 by Neverland Scraps

Everyday by Sahlin Studio
alphabeads by Ziggle Designs
font: American Typewriter


---

The previous page is all about an investigator Julianne had; I thought it would be fun to make the opposing page match, since the theme here is that investigator's baptism. I toned down a few of the colors but kept many of the elements and papers the same ... and used that template again, too. This page came together pretty fast since I'd done most of the work already.



credits:
Pixie Plate #190 by Neverland Scraps
Everyday (some recolored) by Sahlin Studio
Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs
alphabeads by Ziggle Designs
font: American Typewriter


---

I've been looking forward to scrapping these photos, but was a little daunted by them, too. So many fun pictures, and with stories attached, too -- I thought for sure I'd have to do a two-pager to fit it all in. To my surprise, I squeezed it down to a single page! A lot of the credit goes to this great template pack I won over at DSA a month or two ago.

Also, I never have the nerve to do titles like this -- vertically. Not horizontal-turned-ninety-degrees (I do that a lot), but with the letters aligned up-and-down. I try it out all the time and then decide it looks hokey (is that weird?). But I like it here! I was glad to do something simple with my titlework this time while still making it look unique.



credits:
For Ali Templates (slightly altered) by Amy M Designs
Seasonal Sampler - Winter by Shabby Princess
Seasonal Sampler - Holiday 2006 by Shabby Princess
Holiday Magic by Shabby Princess
Moody Blues by Shabby Princess
Crinkled Up alpha by Danielle Corbitt
font: American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking! And welcome home, Julianne!

1 comment:

Amy said...

WOW! Julianne is coming home... Are you going to wait until you are totally finished to tell her about it? IF not, at least you can get some help with the journaling, huh? You got AMAZINGLY far for how late in the game you started. Seriously, that's a lot to have to do in such a short time.

Love your graphic page--I think I already commented on it. I think it looks very nice! I want to do that challenge, too.

And everything I like about your Jen LO I liked DOUBLY as well on your Baptism LO. Oooh, I bet that one went quickly, huh? That's always a plus. I love the colors on that baptism one. It definitely fits the mood of what you are scrapping.

Your Snow Day LO looks great. Yes, the title looks really good vertical. I don't have the guts to do that either--EVER. But it totally works on this LO. I love the papers you chose to. The colors are fun and really go with your photos. YOu are a MASTER at pulling things together from a huge variety of places and making them look like they came in a kit. You amaze me. Great scrapping week!