Monday, July 13, 2009

For Julianne

My mother-in-law has been asking for awhile now that I do a book for her youngest daughter, my sister-in-law Julianne, who's on a mission for our church in England. The project was too daunting for me to consider until just a few months ago. Was it Queen of Scrap contest at ScrapMatters that inspired me? The fact that I actually completed over 35 layouts during the month of May? The fact that, as part of the challenge, I actually finished the ABC album (my first real project)?

Whatever the reason, my mother-in-law's eyes got pretty wide when I started up a conversation with her last month: "if I were to do an album for Julianne..." And then, excitedly, she went into detail about what she was imagining. She piled on the praise and I was determined that I really could do this.

Well, I could do it when I had a moment. After I caught up a little.

But summertime, I've discovered, is not a time for catching up. There's too much fun to be had! Too many vacations, too many outings, too many everyday moments that look so much better in natural light. Too many memories to preserve, and too little time to preserve the memories since we're so busy making them.

So I've put my pictures aside for a moment (I'll probably go back when I need a change of pace) and started on Julie's. Here are the first three:



ScrapMatters Tuesday Template 06-30-09 by Purple Tulip Designs

Lil' Love Bug by Golden Girls Digital Designs

We're Just Dating v.2 and My Ribbon Jar (for just that red flower ribbon) by Britt-ish Designs

fonts: Pass the Chex and Traveling Typewriter


---



This is a lift of tuttle's "Learning to Crawl"

Love Life by Sahlin Studio

stitching from Where the Heart Grows by Golden Girls

brown town alpha by Britt-ish Designs

font is traveling typewriter


---



Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs

block alpha is from Natural Wonders by Scrap Matters Designers

script alpha is recolored from All My Loving by Tracie Stroud

font is American Typewriter


---

I am loving how these are turning out so far; I think she'll love it, too.

5 comments:

Amy said...

THIRTY-FIVE LOs in one month?!?! That's awesome. I'm working on figuring out the forum as Scrap Matters...I'd love to participate in the challenges.

Congrats on finishing your ABC album! Did you post all those pages? I don't remember seeing ABC pages...

Well, so far I love these pages you've done for Julia. If I were her, this would definitely be on my list of top 5 BEST EVER gifts. Or maybe it would just plain BE the my top favorite gift ever!

I love the first LO. The white space is awesome and I love all the paper strips under the picture. The colors are just my style, too!

The other two layouts are great, too. I love the title letters on the 2nd and how you were able to fit so many pictures and yet none of them seem too tiny.

On the 3rd, I love the colors. You just have this eye for picking the right colors to make the pictures pop!

April said...

These are beautiful Beth! You always pick the best colors, fonts and extras and you have wonderful layout ideas. The journaling for Julie is amazing and I don't think she'll want you to change a thing :-) Especially the temple one, you captured it perfectly.

kB said...

what a wonderful book this we be! It was cool to see the super Saturday post up yesterday and then review all the other colors. It will really be something to see all them in order - you might think about a slideshow... be way cool to see one after another. You have put together her whole mission presentation for her already. Just need a close up of the map in between (just thinking about what I liked best in Alex's slide show - actually seeing on the map where he was for each event to get a sense of the movement around the country I hadn't really looked at before!

kB said...

●●●●●●●●●

kB said...

so awesome!
I would really like to see a slide show of Julianne's mission photos in order. Maybe some maps in between to show where she is moving between. I remember that from Alex's homecoming slide show, it made me really experience a place I hadn't really thought about before - need to see that again and hear Nathan's experiences in Argentina -lots of photo scrapbooking projects COULD be done! With all your scrapbooking pages, you will have Julianne's homecoming presentation ready to go! Way to go, Beth! The variety of colors and the way you capture each town - like Sherwood Forest and the monastery really make them come alive. I didn't know much about Argentina before Alex went, but I have ALWAYS wanted to know lots more about England - even go on a virtual visit! THANKS! Your ability to do so many things is amazing and you always do them with such excellence