Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching Up

There's a bunch of layouts I've done that, for one reason or another, I haven't gotten around to posting. Time to play a little catch-up!

---

I did this one early last week as a gift for my niece. It matches her little sister's. Hopefully I'm not ruining the surprise by posting it here.



credits:

General inspiration and blending help from a tutorial by Misty Cato

Paper is from Fairy Fresh by Cuppycake Designs

Kiss Me, Sweetheart alpha by Ellie Lash (slightly recolored)

Ricrac ribbon from All I Want collab by the Sweet Shoppe Designers

Ribbons are from the My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs and Give It to Me Straight by Amanda Heimann

Button by Atomic Cupcake

Flowers are recolored and from Outre-mer by Scrapdoll

Sprinkly things are from Baby Cafe 08 Summer-time by Lencula and Schaarka

Pioneer Woman’s B&W Beauty action

Font is Susie’s Hand


---

Here's one I did last week (Thursday maybe?) that I totally just forgot to post (both here and my other blog). This was for the scraplifting challenge at ScrapMatters. A few days after I did my layout, I took a look at this scrapper's blog and found that she actually made a template from her original layout! So -- if you like this design, pop on over to Trying to Be Crafty and get the two-page template pack.

And the colors! Aren't these fun? This was a participation prize for a challenge from National Scrapbooking Day (NSD). Am I allowed to use pink in a boy layout (and a boy layout where one boy is wearing a RED sweatshirt at that??) I say yes (obviously).



credits:

This if a lift of Li14's Ryan's Place Park.

Birds of a Feather minikit by WM [squared] designs

9 to 5 bonus alpha by Krystal Hartley

circles down the side are from the ScrapMatters NSD challenge freebie: paper shapers by TheWerners

font is Rockwell


---

This one came together rather quickly and easily last Friday evening -- strange since I didn't have much of a design idea when I started.



credits:

Winter Sampler from Shabby Princess

Background paper from Moody Blues by Shabby Princess

Snowflake paper from Shabby Snow by Jenna

staple from Sun Porch by Amy Teets

fonts are Stencil Std and Rockwell


---

And I did this yesterday for a speed scrap! It was a single-photo challenge (which is a challenge for me!), had to incorporate vertical and horizontal paper strips (check, check, check-check-checkity-check), had to use wordart. The toughest prompt came late in the challenge: use glitter or bling. Bling? With this as my color scheme?? But then I found those cardboard flowers with the jewels on them (Britt-ish Designs' Reuse Recycle Flowers) and realized they were perfect (and besides, technically those squiggles are glitter squiggles, even if they aren't particularly sparkly).

Kudos to Kim Higueria, who made this great kit to work with -- I especially loved the rich, fun papers. This is the first time I've scrapped with her stuff, which is a shame because we were briefly in the same ward together when we lived in Wymount (my one claim-to-fame in the digiscrapping world -- the only digi-designer I know in real life!) I do think I will be returning to this kit again; it's a good one.



credits:

Papers, ricrac, frame, journaling box, glitter squiggles, and paperclip from Rainy Afternoon by Kim Higueria

buttons from Button It Up! Sampler Pack by Sarah Morgan Designs (from Funky Playground Designs' latest contest)

Reuse Recycle Flowers by Britt-ish Designs

"Moment" wordart by Dirty Feet Designs

"I [ ] you" wordart from Unscripted: Simply Put by TaylorMade Designs

Stitches by Gunhilde Storeide

fonts: Susie's Hand and American Typewriter

I used Pioneer Woman's "Heartland" action (and then some selective coloring)


---

*phew* That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OOOhh! I'm sure Emmeline is going to LOVE her lay-out. (And her parents will, too!)

Wow. Hydrant flushing sounds fun! I love the colors of this one. Pink totally worked with red and boys in this case. You have an eye for mixing and matching successfully! I love the photo of the boys chasing the boat.

Good idea to scrap the out takes!

Cute 1-photo layout. I love the photo editing. Yes, the kit looks great, too!

Nice work, Beth!