Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yes, More Pages

I've been scrapping a lot lately -- a LOT. The Queen of Scrap contest is going on at ScrapMatters, and I've got six layouts for the month of May so far -- fourteen more until I earn the great participation prize ... a huge kit in with which I can do even more scrapping! (Okay, yes, I'm addicted. But! All of these layouts took less than two hours to do -- I am really getting faster at this! I figure that I spend no more time scrapping than the average person does watching TV or something.) (Also: I justify myself that six layouts is nothing compared to the twenty-something other people have! I think the leader has twenty-eight right now. Six days; twenty-eight pages. WOW.)

Here are two layouts I did Monday with pictures from my husband's recent trip (the first was a lift; the second was a speed scrap AND a lift ... and it earned a spot in the Gallery Standout thread at ScrapMatters):



credits:

Lift of "Balloon Animals" by TheWerners (Grand Theft Layout 04/29/09)

Enjoy the Journey by Dirty Feet Designs and WM[squared] designs (March 2009 ScrapMatters Newsletter freebie kit)

Dark blue paper from Worn Out: Boys by Cuppycake Designs

Date Stamped by Britt-ish Designs

String by Gunhilde Storeide (freebie)

fonts: Jailbird Jenna, American Typewriter


---



credits:

lift of sahlink's The Color of Easter

Enjoy the Journey by wm[squared] designs and Dirty Feet Designs

Ransom Alpha by Bren Boone Designs

String from The Bright Side add-on by Britt-ish Designs

font is American Typewriter


---

This layout I did on Tuesday for the NSD Template Challenge at ScrapMatters (a blast from the past -- Christmas 2007):



credits:

NSD '09 ScrapMatters Template Challenge by monsu

All I Want by the Sweet Shoppe Designers

Crackled Stitch Alpha (recolored) by Dirty Feet Designs

All Stitched Up by Tracie Stroud

fonts are Susie's Hand and American Typewriter


---

And here's the only one in the batch in which I came up with the composition myself! I did this one this afternoon and evening for the Everyday Magic challenge at ScrapMatters:



credits:

Summer Bling by Matahati Designs

Smirk alpha 3 by DigiTreats

Glitzy Spills & Thrills by Britt-ish Designs (my show-off gift this week!)

fonts are Glider Girls, Gentle Redhead, and American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Okay, I think I already went off about your train LO on your other blog. I ADORE THAT ONE!

I love all the bright colors in the cart LO. I also like how you grouped like pictures together and didn't necessarily scrap those consecutively by date.

The D.C. pages are great, too. I've always been a fan of clean lines but your extraction in the 1st lay-out adds a lot to your clean lines. I LOVE the "one way" embellishment, the battered and torn alpha, and the cool date stamp.