Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Speed Scrappin'

ScrapMatters had another weekend of Speed Scraps, and I managed to make it to two of them! Here's what I scrapped today...

The first layout was a real challenge: the very first instruction was to pick a kit (yes, kit before pictures) that is somehow totally not your style. I made it really hard on myself by using a kit with quite a bit of pink in it (we all know how pink it my nemesis), with kind of soft, whimsical elements. Picking the photos to go with it required quite a bit of digging, and Joshua might never forgive me for scrapping his baby photos in borderline-girly colors, but I nevertheless love how this page turned out. How fun to step outside my scrapping box!



credits:

All My Loving by Tracie Stroud (DigiScrap Addict's So You Think You Can Design contest, week 3 ... download it for free here!)

fonts are American Typewriter, Clingy, and Howser


---

This one was a challenge for me in a different way: I was supposed to go simple. Some people rejoice at this instruction; I freak out and busy up my page as much as possible while still trying to follow directions. Notice how I picked a busy background paper, included way more elements than I needed to, and practically handmade my own alphas from fonts since I wasn't supposed to use actual alphas. So much work, but worth it to me -- because I do really like how this turned out, too.



credits:

background paper, buttons, ruler ribbon: Squiggle It Too by Robin Carlton

brown paper: Natural Wonders collab by ScrapMatters Design Team

string, staple, ricrac: Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs

black and white ribbon, circle frames (one recolored), yellow ribbon, and button used in titlework: Yippee Skippee by Britt-ish Designs

wordart: Edge 2 Edge Wordart by Britt-ish Designs

fonts: The Doorman, Pea Swimmy Script, Cafe Rojo

3 comments:

kB said...

love the photos... and the people in them! Had to mention, before I forget yet again - the movie New In Town features scrapbookking. It is a story of a CEO (Renee Zollwigger) goes to a little town in Minn. - the local ladies scrap... so the ending has lots of scrapped pages - they look digital, although I think reg. scrapping is done by the support actor / the administrative asst.

I had to keep looking at Connor and Josh to decide how you did such a great MIRROR image looking photo until: OH YEAH, I remember that is Connor and Josh! - at a wedding?

hard to pick a favorite!
keep-em coming!

I am going to try to replicate the pic you took of Ray and you in your new car... but with me of course with him when I get home... so you can create my theme:
when I grow up I wanna be like my daughter!

so glad you moved to Denver and so glad Logan had the preschool - I guess my favorite is 10 things Logan learned in preschool! priceless

good job.
Now you will have to save the rainbow, etc.
love you

Amy said...

Great pages! I have to try this Speed Scrapping thing--it seems like a great way to be fresh in your scrapping. It totally works in your pages. I think the baby pictures of Joshua look very sweet the way you scrapped them and you hardly notice the pink at all!

charrette said...

Wow. I just have to tell you, I'm a graphic designer by profession, and I think you're layouts are great! Really sharp. You do things I used to try to get my college students to understand.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog today. It's nice to get to meet you.