Saturday, May 2, 2009

Speed Scrappin'

To celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, I hit the Farmer's Market at ScrapOrchard (great deals for a dollar!) and the 40%-off sale at ScrapMatters ... and then, after some serious unzipping and filing, I squeezed in a couple of speed scraps at ScrapMatters. Here are the results of a few hours of work today (I really liked how they both turned out -- though it's out of my comfort zone to scrap with black and white photos, a requirement for the first one, and to only use one patterned paper, a requirement for the second):



credits:

Inspired by Christy templates by Britt-ish Designs

Yippee Skippee by Britt-ish Designs (NSD Grab Bag)

Polka Dot alpha by Britt-ish Designs (NSD grab bag)

Playdate alpha by Tracie Stroud/Megan Turnidge

paper clip from got-a-date: strips by Britt-ish Designs

splatter from Love, Life, Nature add-on by Sya's Blueprints

fonts are American Typewriter and Susie's Hand

help with the black & white photos by Pioneer Women's actions




credits:

for Speed Scrap #96

All I Want collab from Sweet Shoppe Designers

All Stitched Up II by Tracie Stroud

font is American Typewriter


And yes, I've decided I'm going to start going back in time -- the above layout is from 2007 (I started scrapping in January 2008). This is because I am actually caught up with my scrapping! I know I have a few family members that might want me to take on some special scrapping projects, too, and I've decided I'm ready for them ... a little at a time, anyway. So, to my real-life friends and family: if you'll choose the photos you want incorporated in a layout, e-mail 'em to me (full-size, please) and I'll scrap 'em for you (in my own time and one at a time). My own 2009 photos will take priority but I should be able to do a few more layouts on top of those.

To top it all off, my layouts have been showcased the past couple weeks:

1. Apparently Bella Scraps liked my "Sunday Clothes" layout well enough to include it on their blog. But they never e-mailed me about it (and I checked my spam folder and everything). Am I published, then? Maybe.

2. I was included in the gallery standout thread at ScrapMatters for my layout "Goofy"!

3. I won the a ScrapMatters challenge with my "Peek-a-Basket" layout -- the scraplift challenge, lifting Linz. My prize is just an extra point for the month of May (which then equates to a coupon to the ScrapMatters store).

Out of the three spotlights, the third one is the one that put me on cloud nine. :-D

1 comment:

Amy said...

Both of these seem different than your usual style. I think that's what's so fun about looking at your LOs. You are always willing to try new things. (And they always turn out GREAT!)

The Christmas LO is so COOL!! I've got to try that technique. I love how it looks on your pages.

Congrats on all the awards! That is really, REALLY exciting! (I think it TOTALLY counts as being published!)