Thursday, September 17, 2009

Off to Redcar!

After about a week-long hiatus from Julianne's album, I'm back with two new pages today!

This page turned out prettier than I thought it would. That's always pleasant! I was lifting from a layout which had so many great elements placed in with the pictures, but that's not my style (mainly because I'm really not so good at the element placement) so I went with a cleaner, simpler approach. I'm really pleased with it!



lift of Let Her Eat Cake by panders77
Boys of Summer by ScrapOrchard Seedlings
She's Got Curves by Britt-ish Designs
Embroidered Monogram Alpha by Danielle Young
fonts are Pea Jenny Script and American Typewriter


---

And this layout, in a way, is long overdue. My friend Amy has been digiscrapping for longer than I have and yet I've never lifted one of her layouts. Well, it's about time I did! Technically mine is actually a lift of a lift, but I loved Amy's version better than the original (even if she didn't). She managed to take a single-photo layout that I would have passed by in the gallery (because, as a rule, I don't do single-photo layouts) ... and she turned it into a multi-photo one that looked just beautiful.

I like how my version turned out, with the colors and the black and white photos and the simple title work running into the journaling ... but my element placement seems off. I spent some time messing with it but decided it was "good enough" to go on ... I'm doing that more and more lately.



credits:

lift of bahamagirls' Hard Being This Cute
Strawberry Kisses by Tracie Stroud
fonts are Pea Frankie and American Typewriter

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE your lift and you got the visual triangle down pat with your elements. Your placement looks great! I especially love the stapled ribbon!