Friday, September 4, 2009

Three More Layouts

I've been saving up the silly pictures of Julianne and her companion, Sister Holtz, for a page like this. I figured it could go next to the page of their little "photo shoot" that I showed you last post -- it saves me time not having to pick a new kit, anyway. They fit together in theme already so hey -- got it covered!

Yes, I found the perfect wordart! Hee hee!



Template 8 (altered a bit) by Mandagirl Creations

May Apple Cart by Matahati Designs
title wordart from Elegant Wordart by Bethany
font: American Typewriter


---

I've had the idea for this layout in my mind for a long time. Monumental occasion, folks -- this is the first time I used a single photo for a layout for this book since the title page! (Of course, then I go making it look like I have three or four different pictures ... hee hee.) I felt like this was an important page to scrap, even though there was just one photo, because study time is such an integral part of an LDS missionary's schedule.

Now, all the extra frou-frou took me awhile (part of me was relishing in the pink that I never thought I'd get to use from this kit), but it was worth it -- I like the result.

You'll notice that, of course, I compensate for all the white space in this template by filling it with the blended picture. I just don't do white space very well!



ScrapMatters Tuesday Template 09/01/09 by jendavey
Loverly by Sahlin Studio
My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs
Hang In There by Britt-ish Designs
paperclip from Urban Kiwi by Shabby Princess
fonts: Pea Cammi-Pea, American Typewriter


---

This is one of my favorite layouts this week! I just love scrapping on an almost-white background -- it makes the photos stand out so well (and these photos, after brightening them up a bit, were really nice). Plus, this template was really fun to work with; I picked it up at Peppermint Creative, and it's still free -- though if you want it to look like mine, you're going to have to flip it and add a couple more pics! (I always seem to be adding more pics!)

This one's going to look nice in the book, next to the frost layout from last post.



Freebie template #3 by Cindy Schneider
Jack Frost by Golden Girls Digital Designs
white paper from White Christmas by Britt-ish Designs
All Stitched Up by Tracie Stroud
Glitzy Paper Dot Alpha by Britt-ish Designs
Chunky Blue Alpha by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Tiza and American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking! Hopefully next week we'll get out of Bradford!!

4 comments:

kB said...

they are all great, but the search, ponder... is way awesome. That needs to be sent for publication somewhere or put on a big poster... the repeat of the photo in many colors and styles really helps drive home the message. LOVE'em all!

Nichols Family said...

Momma Mia! You're so talented. I did 2 pages tonight after not having done any for I don't know, 2 weeks or more.

Nichols Family said...

Sadly, I still can't figure out how to do a template. The tutorial on google didn't help. Oh well.

Amy said...

I can't remember which I've commented on and which I haven't! I LOVE the Search, Ponder, and Pray one. I'm pretty sure I made more detailed comments on SM. The frosty one is beautiful! I love how the pictures pop and your extraction is really fun!