Monday, September 14, 2009

Out of Bradford!

I bought Erica Zane's Hard Hat 101 kit a couple weeks ago when it was on sale with the intention of using it for pictures with my boys, but couldn't wait to scrap with it. Construction zone, missionary zone ... it works, right?



template 52 by Jill & Jack Scraps
Hard Hat 101 by Erica Zane
fonts: Guess What. and American Typewriter


---

I was glad to have this layout be a little different from the last "home" one. The picture of Julianne pulling out the fish head from the freezer was a fun, unique focal point! :-)



lift of Stefanie's coffee time?
A Forever Family by GG Digital Designs
Stitching by GG Digital Designs
fonts: Cafe Rojo, Elephants in Cherry Trees (for the fish skeleton -- it's the hyphen character), American Typewriter

---

I'm so proud of this layout! Seventeen pictures without (in my opinion) feeling overdone, and not even a template or a lift. Oh baby yeah.



papers from contest freebie by Digiscrap Addicts designers
elements from The Bright Side add-on by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Light and Black, Missed Your Exit, American Typewriter


---

For some reason this two-pager took me for-ev-er. I think I started it last Wednesday and finally finished it today. I loved laying out all the blocks and arranging the pictures (that just took me one afternoon) but it's just not that fun for me to put in the journaling, add the elements, and shadow everything ... still, I'm pleased with how it turned out.



lift of Life's a Beach by Plum Dumpling Designs (aka littlehiccup)
Natural Wonders by ScrapMatters Designers
A Little Spring in Your Step by Gone Scrappin' Designs by Lyndie
Yippee Skippee by Britt-ish Designs
Fairchild add-on by Britt-ish Designs
font is Pea Darlin' Deb and American Typewriter


---

I won this kit, Hoo's My Boy, over at DigiScrapAddicts! I've had some good luck over there. This kit was very fun to work with!



GirlTalk July 09 challenge Template by Deanna Palmer
Hoo's My Boy by geniaBeana scraps and Kimi's Kreations
font: American Typewriter


And with that, I've gotten Jules OUT of Bradford! Now it's off to the sea ... Redcar!

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE the two pager. I can't believe how you got all those photos to fit and all looked like they were just meant to be that orientation and size. I love your details--like the daisies, folded over and stapled string, etc. Nice work. (And I bet it'd be hard to journal something you weren't even there for!)