Thursday, January 21, 2010

DigiFinds

A couple things I've come across this week I wanted to share with my digiscrapping friends:


FREEBIES:

Ikeagoddess used to be the place to grab quality freebies; she hand-picked the best the digiworld had to offer. She stopped freebie-hunting a few months ago, though, but I've found a blog that promises to fill the void: All Things Digital Scrapbooking. Definitely a site to add to your feed readers!


PRINTING:

Ready to print a book? Winkflash has a screaming deal going on right now! I hold off on my printing until their flat-rate book deal comes around (it seems to come up this time of year, and then every couple of months through the first part of the year). Last year I printed all my 2008 layouts with them as 8x8 albums -- they were cheap enough that I could print multiple copies to share with family and to save for my boys when they're older. The 12x12 albums are so reasonably priced, though, that I think I will print 12x12 for me!

If you aren't quite ready to print, keep working at it -- from what I've noticed, this deal pops up every month or two this time of year.


AND SPEAKING OF PRINTING:

I have always been hesitant to order a 12x12 just because it'll end up SO big ... and yet, I want my photos to really stand out; that's why I'm scrapping to begin with! Recently I came across a site that prints 11x11, Inkubook. What a difference that would make! It would actually fit on my bookshelf!! Plus, a book goes up to 120 pages -- again, twenty extra pages might make a world of difference!

I've read good reviews about the quality and it's pretty reasonably priced. It's not the screaming deal you can get at Winkflash, but you don't have to wait for a sale, either -- and hunt around for coupons; I've seen a 30% off one recently!


Seen any great sites or good deals in digiland lately?

2 comments:

Kathi B said...

Thanks for promoting my blog. I hope to be able to fulfill all your freebie hunting needs. LOL!

Amy said...

Great tips, Beth!! I love the idea of 11x11 but the Winkflash deal is great, too. Ooooooh, I better keep trucking along on my projects. I feel like I've made headway these past couple of weeks! Knowing Winkflash will be doing a sale again soon will be good motivation (as is knowing that I'll have a newborn in the not-so-distant-future).