Saturday, January 9, 2010

I AM going to finish this project, by golly!

Still hard at work on Julianne's mission album! I did several pages this week, including three this afternoon. By golly, I am going to finish this project!! (It may take another few months, so don't hold your breath). ;-)

Here's one of my favorite two-pagers to date. Weird, since by the time I finish a two-pager, Photoshop is generally grinding and I'm sick of looking at my layout. I like how I did the journaling; I will have to use the technique again.



Template 165 (altered) by Yin Designs
Hawaiian Happy Hour by ScrapMatters Designers
Remember wordart (altered) from Everyday Thanks by Plum Dumpling Designs
Detention Alpha by Krystal Hartley
fonts: Glider Girls, American Typewriter


---

This was a simple page, but I think it's effective -- I like the mix of fonts.



Sweet and Simple No. 1 template (altered) by Jude
Heartstrings by TaylorMade
In The City alpha by Sahlin Studio
fonts: Pea Mystie Caps, American Typewriter


---

Originally I thought I'd make this layout totally match the previous one, turn it into a two-pager. It would be quick to just replace the pictures, maybe change it up just a little (different elements, etc.) but keep the same format. Then I realized I didn't have quite enough pictures. I decided to go a different route, then, but this template wasn't lending itself to the pics quite as ideally as I'd hoped (and besides, Photoshop crashed on me three times while I was working on it!) I did manage to get it done, though, and I think it turned out all right.



Freebie 35 template by Chrissy W
Rainy Afternoon by Kim Higueria
fonts: Rage, Rockwell Extra Bold, American Typewriter


---

Here's a layout using a just-released mini-kit from Plum Dumpling Designs! I had a lot of fun playing with it and had to pull these two photos out of the "miscellaneous" pile since they matches the colors so perfectly. I typically don't scrap two-photo layouts with this project since it takes nearly as long to do a two-photo layout as a four- or six- or eight-photo one, but I couldn't resist!

I'm totally diggin' the nail-polish alpha -- what do you think??



Shopaholic by Plum Dumpling Designs
Shopaholic Add-on by Plum Dumpling Designs
font: American Typewriter, Boring Showers


---

I took this template and tweaked it so much that the template-designer said she'd love to have a template of my layout! Haha! I switched this up from a two-photo design to a (just a sec; lemme count) seven-photo one.



ScrapMatters 1-5-10 Tuesday Template (altered) by Cyndi Price
Tyler by GG Digital Designs
fonts: Mr. and Mrs. Popsicle, American Typewriter


---

I have loved every layout I've seen with this kit, and so I finally bought it during Sweet Shoppe's sale over NSD. And then ... I've hesitated to use it. I needed the perfect pictures.

Well, I'm not sure whether these were the perfect pictures or not, but with that bright red phone booth dominating the layout, I thought I'd give it a go.

And yes, once again -- I love this layout. This kit has magical powers, I'm telling you.



lift of Tanya666's Tinkerbell
Pop Goes the World by Dani Mogstad
fonts: Rebekah's Birthday, American Typewriter


---

In contrast to the previous page, I needed some papers that were a little more drab (these pictures were from a foggy day) but still with red in it. Luckily I knew of just the minikit -- I downloaded this from ScrapMatters as part of their Christmas gift to their newsletter subscribers.



Template #17 (altered) by Moriginals
Chilled mini-kit by Jennifer Barrette
fonts: Garamond, American Typewriter


---

One last one. I wanted the colors to match the "So Cute" page above, as I needed something to go on the opposing page ... and here's what I came up with. Britt's template was a perfect fit for the subject matter!



Pocket Full of Templates 3 by Britt-ish Designs
Totally Loving You by Jady Day Studio
green bg paper, dark pink paper, and leaves from Beautiful You by Plum Dumpling Designs
dark brown paper from Everyday Thanks by Plum Dumpling Designs
fonts: Scriptina, American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff, as usual. Have you been keeping track of how much time you've been spending on this? I think it would be interesting to know

Kathi B said...

Hi Beth. I just wanted to let you know that your So Cute layout has been featured as a lovely layout at All Things Digital Scrapbooking.