Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Pages!

I've got more pages to show you! A few for myself, and then I'm still plugging away on my sister-in-law's mission album. This was my last week as a creative team guest for Chelle's Creations, and I've loved working with her stuff -- I'm so glad I had the chance to be on her team! What a wonderful experience.

To get things going, here's a page using a combination of her two "Building Blocks" templates. I love these because they're just the blocks -- you can arrange them in so many different ways to make your actual layout -- and they come in inked and regular versions. These are so versatile; I know I'll be using them again!



Building Blocks Combo by Chelle's Creations
Space Case by Chelle's Creations
fonts: BlackJack, Boring Showers


---

Would you ever guess this was a seafood kit?? I love the colors in it, and that patterned paper is unlike any I've seen -- very fun!



lift of Opening Presents by jendavey
Lob-STAH by Plum Dumpling Designs
stitching from On the Front Porch by Plum Dumpling Designs
fonts: Wish I Were Taller, Century Gothic, American Typewriter, Pea Carlisle

---

I loved the titlework on the page I lifted; so clever and something I hadn't tried before. These little alphas (and the matching dates) were perfect for it!



lift of Captivated by you by skyezak
Beautiful You by Plum Dumpling Designs
Date Bits by Plum Dumpling Designs
Alpha-Bits by Plum Dumpling Designs
font: American Typewriter

---

A combination of an Autumn kit with a Christmas kit ... I think it works! And hopefully doesn't look either autumnal nor Christmasy (since these pictures were taken in April!)



Tuesday Template 12-29-09 by WM[squared] designs
Midnight Crow by Chelle's Creations
starry background paper, brown papers clipped to waves, tan and blue buttons (tan recolored to off-white), and tan alpha from O Come Let Us Adore Him by Chelle's Creations
yellow ribbon from Let's Camp S'more by Chelle's Creations
font: American Typewriter


---

Sometimes I scraplift to satisfy a challenge requirement (e.g. Grand Theft Layout at ScrapMatters), and other times I scraplift just because I happen across an AWESOME page. This one was the latter. I need to use this design again, in my own album.



lift of Eastern State by cnscrap
Yippee Skippee by Britt-ish Designs
branch and some leaves from Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs
My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs
acrylic flowers from Funky Sampler by Sarah Bennett
fonts: Bickham Script Pro, American Typewriter


---

I debated about whether I should blog this story or scrap it ... I finally decided to scrap it. I think it will be a fun addition to our family's album, even if I don't especially like that picture of me. I'm trying to make sure I take the time to record these little moments even while falling behind on the big vacations and such -- I know I'll come back and scrap the vacations eventually, but these are the kind of things that will be forgotten if I don't act now.



white bg paper from Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs
Doodlie-Do: page borders by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Year Supply of Fairy Cakes, Pea Stacy Elizabeth, Century Gothic


---

I've been wanting to use this kit for its fun colors! Even though it's a holiday kit -- and a Hanukkah one at that (and I'm not Jewish) -- it's one I'll be going back to, just for the solid papers alone. It's on sale right now, too ... lots of stuff on sale over at ScrapMatters!



lift of Thanksgiving 2008 by AbAllen
Happy Hanukkah by Andilynn Designs
Date Stamped by Britt-ish Designs
fonts: Century Gothic, American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Amy said...

*sigh of relief* Thanks for posting the credits. I like the extra tidbits about your LOs here, too.

I've been wondering about my blog vs. scrapping and whether I'm wasting some time recording the same memories in both places. I still haven't decided how I feel about that one yet since I almost always record more details in my blog.

Love Chelle's Building blocks. They do look pretty useful.

CnScrap always has great designs, it seems!

lanita said...

How fun it was to look through your creations. Pretty cool stuff! I loved your pickle story. I have a friend who craved pickles when pregnant as well. Actually she craved pickle juice and would crack open a jar and start drinking. So funny!