Thursday, January 21, 2010

Two Pages

What do these two pages have in common? They were both SO FUN to put together! Every once in awhile I have to take a break from "project-mode" and just create something.

So I think my husband and I should do more long-armed portraits of ourselves because they are always so fun to scrap. These pictures were taken as I was hurrying out the door to choir practice before church.

I had a great time with the bright, bold colors against all the black and white. I think it's very effective here! Those felt circles are freebies so make sure you don't scroll too fast through the credits; I linked 'em up for ya. :-)



Pop Goes the World by Dani Mogstad
orange paper from Wubulous by Amy Sumrall
rainbow paper from Children's Day by Amy Sumrall
Primary Felt: Circles by Pamela Donnis
Edge 2 Edge Songs by Britt-ish Designs
Detention Alpha by Krystal Hartley
fonts: Pea Stacy's Doodle Script, Century Gothic


---

I was lucky enough to receive a gift card for Pamela Donnis's stuff (which was how I came across those freebie circles in the previous layout), and ever since downloading April Rain, I've been so excited to get to this page for Julianne! All the rainy-day, springy elements are so cute -- I just piled 'em on. I'd downloaded that doodly Kate Hadfield font ages ago (it must have been last spring!) and was glad I finally had a page where it seemed to match the theme.

I wasn't sure what to title it, though. I was just going to go with "Cool Umbrella Shots" -- Julianne's caption of the pictures -- when Nathan (who was watching me scrap while reading The Hunger Games) said he didn't like that so much.

"What do you suggest?" I asked.

"I don't know ... but you'll come up with something better, 'cause you're awesome like that."

Well, I don't know about that, but I do have access to Google. There's whole lists of scrapbooking page titles on the Internet, and every once in awhile I use that to come up with something.

"Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella" was one of the options that popped up, after an old Bing Crosby song (was it Bing Crosby? Maybe it was somebody else first ... I do know that Oscar the Grouch did a parody of it -- yes, I'm a Sesame Street kid -- and I only know the tune to the lyrics of "Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella.") Anyway, I thought it was perfect for these fun pictures!



lift of Super Messy by .megan.
April Rain by Pamela Donnis
green stitching from Everyday Thanks by Plum Dumpling Designs
Spring Green alpha by Kate Hadfield
fonts: Scrubble, American Typewriter


---

I've got one more page I've scrapped this week, but you'll just have to come back tomorrow to see it ... it's using Plum Dumpling Designs' great new kit:

Photobucket

No comments: