Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And MORE Bradford

Julianne has these pictures of her and her companion with this tiny little horse outside of Bradford, so I did a search for "horse" on my hard drive to see if, by chance, I had downloaded anything with a horse in it (which had been labeled as such; I am not one who takes the time to tag my stuff). I was surprised to find that I did have a horse!

And that's why I chose this kit. It's a pretty one, but not exactly my style. I'm not really sure if this layout works, and I think a lot of it is the pictures -- they were taken at twilight, when it still seems pretty light outside but your camera ends up with either a blurry mess (see bottom photo) or, by using the flash, creates a scene that looks like it was done in the middle of the night (see the other photos). I thought maybe I'd change that blurry photo to black-and-white (the horse was looking blue, and even though my horse element is blue, it still looked weird); is it better? Or is it worse?? (Here it is in color, if you want to see).

Seriously, this page was such a let down after my last Totally Awesome one; I wondered if I should have even bothered. But I had such a cool idea for a title! I'll keep it; it will help everyone appreciate how cool all the other pages are.



ScrapMatters Tuesday Template 08/18/09 by Linz
Barefoot Adventures with Daddy by AnnaBV Designs
Mostly Doodles alpha by AnnaBV Designs
fonts are Everytime I Miss You and American Typewriter


---

In this layout, I did nearly twice as many pictures in half the time -- and without a template (yes!!). And I love it. This was a great kit to work with (and I even got it for free! Do you check out The Daily Scrapper? Worth looking into! ;-) )

My only beef with this page is with how it presents the story (which, admittedly, I don't know most of; I'm at the mercy of Julianne's cursory captions on this one). This elder's companion IS in one of the pictures from this set; it's not like he was MIA or something. But he was sitting on a bench, arms folded, mid-yawn. How could I put that on a page with so much energy?? Yeah, I couldn't, so I left him off. But does it look weird that there's one elder and two sisters here? Then again, if I DID put the companion on, would it be even weirder that there are two elders and two sisters?? I'm sure the members are around, but they're not in any pictures!

Am I overthinking this??? :-P



Sunshine Day by Christie Lemmon and Steel City Designs
journaling tag is from Saturday Special Journaling Freebie by Chelle's Creations
fonts are Wish I Were Taller and American Typewriter

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow-great job on these!

I did wonder about the blue horse on the first LO when I saw it in the forum...but seeing it black and white I can definitely see your dilemma! I don't know...I think the blue horse almost works because the layout seems whimsical or like those fantasy LOs.

ON the 2nd page--I think you were smart to leave the other elder off. I doubt anyone would notice the numbers of elders and sisters and since each is spotlighted by themselves in a photo--I don't even think about where the members or other elder are. I think the LO IS AWESOME!!! I'm so impressed you did that w/o a template! WOW!

And I'm off to check out the Daily Scrapper--I'd forgotten about that one.