Friday, August 14, 2009

Making My Way through Bradford

I've done four Bradford pages (Julianne's second area) in two days. Are you ready?? Let's go!

---

After my struggles last week with trying to get my layouts to satisfy ScrapMatters challenges, I decided to take a "break" and just scrap -- my way! And I love how this one turned out! I owe a lot to the layout I lifted; it was fantastic and just my style. May have to use it again!



lift of Cave Tubing by TanyaH666
The Blues by Pineapple Plantations and Ziggle Designs
scalloped mat/border recolored from Playtime by geniaBeana
stitches from Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs
Browntown alpha (some recolored) from Britt-ish Designs
fonts are Snell Roundhand and American Typewriter


---

I managed to get TWO pages done during naptime, because naptime actually happened yesterday. This one is simple but very pretty, if I do say so myself. I love these flora brushes by Andilynn Designs -- well, I loved them enough to buy them, and then I forgot I had them until I came across them while doing this layout. I'm glad I did. :-)



Template 114 (altered to add MORE PICS!) by Yin Designs
Back It Up paper pack by Amanda Heimann
flora brushes by Andilynn Designs
alpha is from Sun Porch by Amy Teets
fonts are Eight Fifteen and American Typewriter


---

I like this layout, too! Crazy. :-) (There were so many last week that I didn't really care for because I'd looked at them too long!)

This is technically a lift, but I was only inspired by a couple of things from the original layout. One was the basic centered design. The other was the cool titlework.

In the original (linked below), the title was behind the main subject of the layout while still being on top of the photo. What a cool idea! However, I didn't know how that would work on my layout -- I had a longish title ("Nikki's Baptism) and the subject (Nikki) is taking up a lot of space in the frame (someone took a good picture; ever let someone use your camera and then feel the need to go back and teach them to use the zoom??). However, this was bad for my little titlework idea, because too much of the title would be completely covered up.

But I had the idea: I'd repeat the title over and over, on a pretty curved line. I struggled with my pen tool (making those curved lines is not something I had mastered at this point, but I got quite a bit better because of this layout). Then decided to repeat the whole line of text again ... yeah, that looked cool! So I did it again -- and again. And I fiddled with the colors. And it looked really cool! I put some of the text layers in front of the other photo it was covering and some of it behind ... and then I realized that it looks a bit like Julianne and company are standing in water! What an appropriate coincidence!

Yes, one of my most favorite titles ever. :-)



Inspired by the titlework of Cole1 by jam1el33:
Spontaneous Delight by Carrie Stephens
stitches are from Sunshine in My Soul by Britt-ish Designs
fonts are Cafe Rojo and American Typewriter

---

This one was for the color challenge at ScrapMatters. When I first saw the challenge, I realized the bright, bold color palette we were supposed to use matched pretty well with the kit that was free in last month's ScrapMatters newsletter. For a week or more, I've been waiting for the right pictures to go with it. These happy pics of Julianne and her companion (who's got a bright and fun personality) seemed to fit perfectly!



Everyday by Chelle's Creations and Juno Designs
Crinkled Up alpha by Danielle Corbitt
fonts are Charlie and American Typewriter


---

Thanks for looking! I'm having fun plugging away at this album. And I think I'm even making some real progress! Just a week ago, I was scrapping pictures from July 2008; now I'm into September/October. Yay!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Woooooo! I love this 1st LO! Great job of lifting--I think I'm going to have to lift it, too.... Also, I LOVE the colors--they are so pretty! The stitching and the title are cool, too. You always have something to spiff up your title! Okay, was "The Blues" kit a freebie? By the designers names, I'm assuming you got it at Scrap Orchard and you guessed it, I can't find it there. Not that I'm going to get it. But I would like to ooogle at it and dream--I *REALLY* like the colors. Though perhaps most of it is just how well you matched it.

LO#2 Looks great! The brushes *are* beautiful! And I love Amanda Heimann's stuff. I think I have about 4-5 of her kits on my wishlist!

LO #3 SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOO cool! I LOVE your title. It's awesome! Also I like the kit--I recognize it--it's in my stash somewhere, too.

Lo #4 Love the bright colors--this was perfect for the challenge!

Ahhhhh! Another completely successful Scrap Saturday!