Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eggs

Dying Easter eggs is one of my favorite Easter traditions. Every year, my mom boiled a dozen eggs, and my brothers and I each got four to decorate how we chose. There was always a football egg, a Sheldon egg (from Garfield and Friends), a world egg, and an egg that was marinated in the dye until it was a deep, rich, metallic color.

This year my kids were very excited to dye eggs -- and we had a lot of fun!

I love how this page turned out. The photos started out pretty good due to some nice natural light. I managed to squeeze all my favorite pictures on, without a template and without blocking (my fallback non-template method).



credits: most everything is from "Not very serious Eastermania" by Aprilmouse and Hanulienka Design, featuring Lencula and Sarahh

dotted swirls: Summer Garden by Mandy Mystiques

doodled borders: One Fine Day by Matahati Designs

"dye": Mostly Doodles alpha by AnnaBV Designs

"Easter": Chubby Alpha by Andrea Dumalski

numbers: Ransom Mini Alpha by Bren Boone Designs

fonts are Century Gothic ("how"), Smargana ("to" and "eggs"), and smiley monster (for everything else!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this LO. It's so cute! I like how you presented it in steps of how to dye Easter Eggs and my favorite part is the picture of Logan "waiting and waiting" for the eggs to finish dying. VERY CUTE!!!