Monday, April 13, 2009

A Good Layout

As I scrapped this afternoon (in between cuddling my two boys, who are in a more cuddly mood having come down with sudden colds), I pondered this question: What makes a good layout?

I think, as a general rule, I'd answer that it's the composition. I love seeing layouts that have photos arranged well, with elements delicately placed.

Yeah, I'm always underestimating the power of some fantastic pictures.

And so it is in this layout: it's simply my good-looking brother that makes the layout so nice to look at! I didn't feel like I needed a whole lot of elements (count 'em -- I used only sixteen layers this layout -- which is, like, a new record low for me). The photos shine on their own.



credits:

love life by sahlin studio (Scrapmatters designers challenge round 4)

I used the actions Fresh and Colorful / Quick Edge Burn by Pioneer Woman

font is American Typewriter

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is so true! I like the simplicity of this layout. The title is AWESOME as usual.