Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Pretty Blue Alpha

I love Holliewood Studios' Art Box Alpha (a freebie on her blog!) ... so much so that I've used in the last two layouts I've done! Here's the layout I did yesterday (in which the alpha seemed to echo the creativity of the puppets my boys were playing with):




credits:

Template 5 by idziBitsy Designs

Boys of Summer by the ScrapOrchard Seedlings

Funky Retro paper pack by ShanScraps Designs

Art Box Alpha by Holliewood Studios

Hand Stamped Brushes by Michelle Coleman

My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs

---

And here's the layout I did today (this time I was playing off of the "wet" look of the alpha ... and besides; it was blue):



credits:

Rain Rain, A Little Blue, and Bubble Bath by Kristin Aagard

Art Box Alpha by Holliewood Studios

My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs

Talk is Cheap by Scrap N' Art

PawPaw's Hand by Polka Dot Plum (for the button)

font is McPhatty


I love the cut paper look that seems to be coming into vogue lately (My Lucky Charms, a layout I did a few weeks ago, was from one such "cut paper" template) and this is my first whack at it all by myself. I like the slightly crooked shapes. How funny that we go digital, where we can create things to be exact, and yet we try to make it look imperfect.

And, though I'd had my alpha picked from the beginning, I couldn't decide on a title. "Car Wash" is the familiar phrase that sounded nice to my ears, but I kept hearing my son's little voice in the back of my head: "you mean the van, Mommy!" -- he corrects me every time I say "car" instead of "van"! Thus I toyed with the idea of changing my title to something like "Van Wash" or "Washing the Van" -- but then it came to me to just use Logan's phrase that was ringing in my head as a "subtitle" in the form of a talk bubble (I knew I'd downloaded those for a reason!) I love that it captures even more of Logan's personality this way.

So. A success! This is the kind of thing that, someday, when I'm all caught up on my scrapping and fulfilled all my other hobbies and responsibilities, I would like to make into a template.

Until then, you're stuck with scraplifting it. ;-)

No comments: