Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goofy

It seems that, every week when I share my photos with my family via Picasa, there is one in the batch of Nathan being silly -- sometimes he's already doing something silly and holds the pose while I grab the camera; other times I'll just have the camera out and, after taking pictures of the boys, Nathan makes a crazy face for the camera. My sister-in-law April suggested awhile back that I make a layout of all his goofy faces, and I loved the idea. Now I've finally gotten around to doing it.

And yup, it had to be a two-pager ... I had that many silly pictures. :-)



credits:

Where the Heart Grows by Golden Girls (ScrapMatters)

Word Jumble by Penny's Miscellany (Penny Springmann)

CircleLove Wordart by CPZDesigns (Carol Zeitz)

Stitched heart from Love Life by Sahlin Studios

fonts are smiley monster, The Doorman, and Susie's Hand

Even though this design is fairly simple and I am getting pretty speedy with Photoshop, this still took ages to put together. There's just so many details: placing the pictures and papers, placing the elements, titlework (including creativing the "sticker" effect for the word "goofy"), burning the edges of the papers to grunge them up just a touch, shadow work ... *phew* Not to mention saving this a zillion times over in different sizes so I can upload the .jpgs where they need to go.

But I look at this layout and think -- it was worth it. Every one of these pictures make me smile, and I love looking at them all at once.

And I love my husband. :-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE this lay-out. It makes me so happy you and Nathan are together. Great pictures and I love how it all came together!