Friday, April 10, 2009

Purple!

The new free kit at Peppermint Creative came out today! I love Miss Mint's kits; they are ones I keep coming back to, and they are ones I choose for special projects (Joshua's first birthday card was done using Wild Weekend, and I used Kindergarten Crafts for more than one layout). A thanks to Amy for pointing me to the first free kit of hers I downloaded (was it Painted Season?)

This kit, April Morning, is beautiful ... and overwhelmingly purple! I am very glad I had some great pictures of my niece Kaylee that needed scrapping so I had an excuse to use this kit. (Between this layout and my last one, which featured my other niece Emmy and a few bright pink squares, I am on a streak of girly scrapping! It's kind of fun.) :-)

So here's what I did with the new kit:



credits:

Fun Hunt Template by Cyndi Price (for the Tuesday Template Challenge at ScrapMatters)

almost all the papers and elements are from April Morning by Miss Mint

one purple paper from Oogi Boogi by the Sweet Tart Team at Digital Candy

heart alpha (recolored) by Vicki (A Work in Progress) for Scrap N Art

glitzy paper dot alpha by Britt-ish Designs

ribbons are from My Ribbon Jar by Britt-ish Designs (one recolored)

staple from the SO SUNny collab

fonts are Susie's Hand and Pea Shannon


(What do you think ... is it inhumane to staple the butterfly to my page??)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooohhh! I love all the small details of this page. The alpha is GREAT! I remember downloading that one with excitement. I also love the little flowers and the glitzy "K". The pictures are cute too and you are BEAUTIFUL!!

Amy said...

Oh yeah, and it has been a blast seeing all the lay-out people come up with based on yours!! I'm checking regularly.