Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet Addiction

Have you ever played Tetris for so long that you start seeing places to put certain blocks in, oh, the spaces between words on a page, for instance? It's starting to happen with my digiscrapping -- I'll close my eyes for a moment, and see flashes of layout designs pop before my eyes.

Yeah, so maybe I'm addicted. Starting this blog and diving into the digicommunity (well, ScrapMatters, anyway) has made me more of a compulsive scrapper than ever before. But I figure there are worse hobbies, right? Right. (If I need an intervention, I'll let you know.)

Today I scrapped a very springy page. Quite the contrast to the foot of heavy, wet snow (more?) we got the past two days. This page is very similar in style to the Space Odyssey page (and I may just have to do a few more like this; I really like how they turn out). Also, I tried my hand at burning the edges of the papers, which I'd done last week on a layout (This Is Just You) -- thanks to a tutorial on the ScrapMatters blog today, this layout's "burning" looks quite a bit better to me.



credits:

Spring Has Sprung by Mickey D Designs and Jeni Hopewell (April ScrapMatters Newsletter kit ... this kit had a lot of pink and purple in it, but I managed a boyish layout!)

got-a-date: strips by Britt-ish Designs

staple from the SO SUNny collab

Silly Willy alpha by ScrappyWeiss

MSS November DAK alpha by Sir Scrapalot Designs

fonts are smiley monster and American Typewriter


I stapled the butterfly again, since nobody told me not to. ;-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow. I WISH my brain would do that for me! (Danny noticed your first paragraph and was like, "YES! That has totally happened to me! I see spots in the tile on the floor!!" I guess he and his sister were majorly competitive about it.

ANYWAY, what a fun page! I love your date strip and the chalk alpha. I think Logan's printed name is so cute. What a great detail to add.